SOMALI ACTION ALLIANCE
BRIDGING THE GAB
Our organization is based around leadership development. We are a multi-issue organization that engages the voices of everyone in the Somali community.
Our mission is to educate Somali individuals and other interested persons regarding civic engagement, voting rights and responsibilities and participation in democracy.
Somali Action Alliance Education Fund has been expanding through the region, building power of the people through community organizing, civic engagement, leadership development, democratic participation, holding public officials accountable and staying proactively engaged.
- New CDC data finds adult obesity is increasing September 17, 2020
- CDC Releases Indicators for Dynamic School Decision-Making September 15, 2020
- CDC awards $7 million for pilot project to reduce chronic disease by advancing health equity September 11, 2020
- Youth e-cigarette use is down, but 3.6 million still use e-cigarettes September 9, 2020
- Investigation Update On Peaches August 27, 2020
- State launches 4-week push to increase access to “no barrier” COVID-19 testing (09/17/20)
- Minnesota’s adult obesity rate held steady in 2019 (09/17/20)
- Health officials begin statewide COVID-19 survey of Minnesota households (09/15/20)
- Medical professionals: staying home when sick or exposed is key to keeping schools open (09/14/20)
- Compliance checks find most bars, restaurants observed to be in compliance with safeguards (09/09/20)
- Governor Tim Walz Urges Presidential Campaigns to Comply with Minnesota’s COVID-19 Safety Guidelines September 16, 2020
- Governor Tim Walz Urges U.S. Census Bureau to Restore October Response Deadline September 16, 2020
- Governor Tim Walz Signs Executive Order Extending COVID-19 Peacetime Emergency September 12, 2020
- Governor Walz Convenes Special Session of the Minnesota Legislature September 10, 2020
- Governor Walz Announces Free COVID-19 Saliva Tests for Teachers, School Staff, Child Care September 4, 2020