SOMALI ACTION ALLIANCE
BRIDGING THE GAB
Our organization is based around leadership development. We are a multi-issue organization that engages the voices of everyone in the Somali community.
Our mission is to educate Somali individuals and other interested persons regarding civic engagement, voting rights and responsibilities and participation in democracy.
Somali Action Alliance Education Fund has been expanding through the region, building power of the people through community organizing, civic engagement, leadership development, democratic participation, holding public officials accountable and staying proactively engaged.
- United States Coronavirus (COVID-19) Death Toll Surpasses 100,000 May 28, 2020
- CDC updates COVID-19 transmission webpage to clarify information about types of spread May 22, 2020
- CDC Releases Recommendations for Communities of Faith May 22, 2020
- CDC Health Scientist wins 2019 Arthur S. Flemming Award May 22, 2020
- CDC Investigation Notice - Salmonella Infections Linked to Live Poultry in Backyard Flocks May 20, 2020
- MDH awards COVID-19 emergency health care grants to about 350 organizations statewide (04/08/20)
- Quit Partner: new free quit-tobacco programs available online, by phone, and by mail (04/01/20)
- Health officials confirm first death due to COVID-19 in Minnesota (03/21/20)
- MDH issues updated guidance on COVID-19 testing criteria (03/17/20)
- Health officials announce new community-level strategies to slow COVID-19 in Minnesota (03/13/20)
- Governor Walz Announces Modified Nighttime Curfew June 1, 2020
- Governor Tim Walz Signs Executive Order on COVID-19 May 29, 2020
- Governor Tim Walz Signs Executive Order on COVID-19 May 27, 2020
- As CDC Issues New Guidance on Reopening Places of Worship, Walz, Flanagan Partner with Minnesota Faith Leaders to Do So As Safely As Possible May 23, 2020
- Governor Walz Orders Flags Flown at Half-Staff in Honor of Memorial Day May 22, 2020